After Care for Treatment with Liquid Nitrogen
Your skin has been treated with liquid nitrogen. Liquid nitrogen produces a localized freezing of the the skin. Although the freezing itself wears off in a few minutes, its effect may not be fully seen for 24-72 hours.
What to expect after treatment:
- The pain and burning sensation which follows the actual freezing usually lasts approximately 20-30 minutes and will be accompanied by redness and swelling of the area that was treated. It may resemble a mosquito bite.
- The area may be tender for several days after treatment
- Within 24 hours after treatment, a blister may form in the treated area. The blister may be a “blood blister” (red-purple in color). If this occurs, you should leave the blister alone. If the blister is large or causes a problem, contact the office.
- If the blister ruptures or crusting occurs, you may cover the area with Vaseline and a Band-Aid. It may take approximately 7-10 days to heal.
- You may get the area wet and continue with your normal activities.
PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE WITH QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
Office: 856-627-1900 Prompt 3
If you call the office after hours and need to speak with a doctor, the answering service will take your call and contact the doctor on call. The doctor on call will return your call as quickly as possible. If it is a true emergency, please contact or go to the nearest Emergency Room.