Post-Treatment Instructions for Microneedling
After the procedure, the skin will be red and flushed in appearance in a similar way to moderate sunburn. You may also experience skin tightness and mild sensitivity to touch on the area being treated. This will diminish greatly after a few hours following treatments and within the next 24 hours the skin will completely healed. After three days there is barely any evidence that the procedure has taken place.
• Do not resume the use of glycolic acid skin care products or Retin-A (Afirm), Tazorac, etc. until the fourth day after the procedure.
• For three days post procedure, use the facial cleanser, lotion, and eye cream that are given to you by The Skin Care Loft. Use in the A.M. and P.M. and in warmer months, use a sunscreen with an SPF30.
• Do not color or “perm” your hair for one week after the procedure.
• Do not wax your eyebrows or lips for one week before and after the procedure.
• You may wear make-up the morning after the procedure.
• If you have any crusting, apply Aquaphor Ointment (can be purchased at the drug store) to the crusted area and apply cold compresses for a few minutes two to three times a day.
• If you experience stinging or itching, apply cold compresses for five minutes two to three times a day.
• Do not pick anything – it will leave a scar and/or a pigmented mark on your face.
When requesting The Skin Care Loft “to be aggressive” with the procedure, remember that there will be some downtime – redness, crusting, temporary pigmentation changes, etc.
REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE HAD A PROCEDURE THAT WILL MAKE YOUR SKIN DELICATE AND VULNERABLE FOR ABOUT ONE WEEK.