Post-Treatment Instructions for Kybella®
The results for Kybella® are not immediate. At the time of injection and for several days following the injections you will have swelling in the submental area. Kybella® will cause the fat cells to diminish gradually over the course of the next month following your injection in the treated area. A series of treatments may be necessary to achieve optimal results and these will occur at no sooner that the one month interval. Your doctor will decide the appropriate number of treatment sessions and the amount of Kybella® you will need at each session.
For most patients, downtime occurs most commonly after the first treatment session. You should be able to resume your normal daily activities, but are likely to have swelling, so keep your social plans and work commitments in mind when scheduling your treatment.
Post Care Instructions:
- Ice packs may be used to the treated area during the first 12 hours – ice for 15 minutes on every hour
- Do Not massage the injection site
- If you are able to tolerate Ibuprofen, you may take 200mg three times daily beginning the day of your treatment and for the following four days
- Avoid heavy exercise the day of your treatment
- Notify the office if any significant swelling, bleeding, pain, dusky discoloration, difficulty swallowing, difficulty smiling, or fever occurs.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call one of our trained Skin Care Consultants (856-627-4700).