Wound Care Instructions After Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Change bandage once daily:
- Wash hands and remove dressing after 24 hours.
- Gently clean your surgical site with warm water and soap. Rinse and then pat dry.
- Apply a thin layer of Vaseline or antibacterial ointment to a piece of non-stick dressing or pad
- Secure the non-stick dressing with paper tape to obtain an airtight bandage. A Band-Aid does not provide an airtight bandage.
- NO heavy lifting, bending, stretching or exercise until stitches are removed.
What to expect after surgery:
- Swelling or redness may occur around the surgical site for several days.
- If you experience any discomfort, you make take acetaminophen (Tylenol).
- If bleeding occurs, apply firm, constant pressure to the dressing with fingertips and a dry cloth for a full 20 minutes. If bleeding continues call the office.
- If you develop fever, chills, a foul odor, or excessive discomfort, please contact us as soon as possible.
PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE WITH QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
Office: 856-627-1900 Prompt 5
If you call any time other than the above listed times and need to speak with the doctor, the answering service will take your call and contact the doctor on call. A doctor will return your call as quickly as possible. If it is a true emergency, please contact or go to your nearest Emergency Room.